If you’ve got a termite problem, you’ll want to act quickly to prevent significant damage to your home or business. From chemical barriers to baiting stations and reticulation systems, it can be difficult to know which solution will work best for your property. Two of the most popular termite treatments on the Gold Coast is Termidor Chemical Termite Barrier and Sentricon Baiting Stations. Read on for a detailed comparison of these two termite management systems and which one may be right for you.
Termidor Chemical Termite Barrier
Termidor is a liquid treatment that is applied to the soil around the perimeter of the house. It forms a protective barrier that kills the termites that come in contact with it after they have spread it through their colony.
- Can be more affordable
- Includes Termidor Assurance Warranty to cover your home for structural damage up to $2 million
- Termidor HE binds strongly to the organic matter in soil and can last for years if undisturbed
- Undetectable to termites who unknowingly come into contact with it
- Termites carry Termidor back to the nest on their bodies and pass it on to other termites
- Requires a full barrier with no gaps around the house
- Often involves drilling into tiles and concrete
- Some house layouts are not suitable for this management system
Sentricon Baiting Stations
Sentricon is a baiting and monitoring system that is installed into the ground surrounding your property. Termites take the bait back to the nest and eliminate the entire colony.
- Considered more environmentally friendly
- Suitable for clients worried about dogs and children coming into contact with chemicals or digging up the barrier
- Does not require any drilling into tiles
- Constantly monitored by a pest control expert, typically on a quarterly basis, which can identify new termite activity earlier
- Proven effective to eradicate activity, particularly for bush environments
- Termites bring active ingredients back to the nest and kill the colony
- Lab tests conclude termites prefer eating the bait more than wood
- More expensive due to regular inspections of baits and replacements. This may be more than quarterly if baits are being consumed.
Termite Management System Cost
The cost of a termite management system on the Gold Coast averages between $2000-$3000. Ultimately, it will depend on a number of different factors, including the size of the land and the barrier required to protect it, as well as accessibility. There may also be an additional cost for ongoing monitoring of the baiting stations. It’s always best to speak to a pest professional for a detailed quote on your specific situation.
Time to Call in the Experts
SafeHouse Pest Control are experts in termite treatments with extensive local knowledge. We can inspect your site and provide tailored advice on our recommended termite management systems on the Gold Coast, including types of treatment options and chemicals to best protect your property. Give us a call today for a free competitive quote and let’s get started!